Increasing Customer Lifetime Value Edition
In this edition of Discovered Magazine, we explore how retailers can best engage customers to ensure a magnetic customer experience and place safe bets on higher CLV.
This 36-page magazine includes:
- Information about post-purchase email flows
- Inspiration for how to think about personalisation differently
- How to make your ecommerce team more efficient
- Musings about the future of ecommerce
- How to identify growth levers in uncertain times
In this edition of Discovered Magazine, we explore the main levers that can influence customer lifetime value including first party data, marketing automation, omnichannel, website experience, personalization, reviews, privacy, loyalty, customer service, payment and more. We hope it entertains and inspires.
According to Ewan McIntyre of Gartner, “The COVID-19 crisis has shifted focus from customer acquisition to customer retention and growth”. Similarly, Forrester predicts that “spend on loyalty and retention will increase by 30% as retailers assert control over the full customer lifecycle.”
How can retailers best engage customers to ensure a magnetic customer experience and place safe bets on higher CLV? In this edition, we explore the main levers that can influence customer lifetime value. First, Klaviyo talks about how to use data to build more valuable relationships and the importance of trust in data collection, processing and supporting marketing automation. Then, Gorgias discusses how customer service can create advocates and drive up CLV. Then Klarna drives home the importance of loyalty and how to keep customers coming back. We then speak to Petah Marian who has a fascinating job – predicting the future. She dives into what we can take from times of chaos, and how that affects retail and forecasting. Next, I have written an article about how we can continue to personalize website experiences in an age of growing privacy concerns and cookie legislation. After that, Juliana Jackson has contributed talking through the best post-purchase email flow that shoppers will love. BigCommerce has added expertise in the importance of reducing friction online, and thanks to Cate Trotter for delivering an actionable article about the role of omnichannel in all of this.
Table of Contents
- Klaviyo talks about how to use data to build more valuable relationships
- Gorgias discusses how customer service can create advocates and drive up CLV
- Klarna drives home the importance of loyalty
- Petah Marian talks about how chaos affects retail and forecasting
- Klevu talks about ecommerce personalization in the privacy age
- Trustpilot talks about smart ways to use reviews to improve CX
- Juliana Jackson talks through her best post-purchase email flow
- BigCommerce discusses how to reduce friction online
- Cate Trotter talks about the role of omnichannel to influence CLV
In this edition of Discovered Magazine, we explore the main levers that can influence customer lifetime value.